Friday, March 12, 2010
It's good to be Home
They say that "Home is where the heart is". I have also heard that "Home is where you hang your heart!" However we have learned that many places that we have lived we have left some of our heart at the many different places.
There is the "At home" with family! How we love being with family! We enjoy every minute that we get with them.
There is the "At home" of returning to a familiar place. The "At home" when you are around friends who have made an impact on your life. Then of course we can't forget our "Home" churches. These places where we have worshipped God and grown spirtitually.
Let's see if I can recall all my "Homes"
-Stroudsburg, PA - born and raised
-Clearfield Independant church - my earliest memory of church
- PennView Bible Institute - "home" for college
-Millville, NJ - my family (In-laws) live here... I love going "home" to NJ
-Middleburgh and Sunbury, PA - places I lived in the 1st 2 years of marriage
-Sunbury GMC - where I first did Jr. church
-Sunbury, PA - the area where my family live
-Schenectady, NY - the place that will ALWAYS be in my heart! A place where I have made friends and memories to last a lifetime. Friends that are now part of our extended family
-Endicott, NY - our present "home". We haven't had much time to settle in yet, but we are meeting wonderful people here and yes, when we leave we will have left part of our heart here.
So you may ask... so where is "home" right now? It's good to be "Home" in Sunbury. I am with my family as tomorrow we are welcoming a new family member into our family...a Sister. Yes, my brother William is getting married. So it is good to be "home"! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment