Feliz Natal and Merry Christmas from our house to yours. We hope that the Babe in the Manger is your Lord and Savior.
Wow, so much has happened since my last post! It's embarrassing. :) I haven't done very well with this, have I? I will try to do better. Rest assured, I won't try and go back and catch you up on all that has happened since May. The one obvious thing is that we are now living in Brazil. God has been so good. We love serving Jesus!
We have already experienced many "firsts", but this will be a big "first" for us - our FIRST Christmas in Brazil. It's been hard to get in the spirit of things when you're sweating buckets. We are used to Christmas being accompanied by cold toes and noses. Christmas won't quite be the same, but yet we are getting excited as the day approaches. We have made friends with other missionaries in the area and we will be having Christmas dinner with them.
Houses are decorated and familiar tunes are playing in the stores and most of them in English too. Kids are talking about Papa Noel and our churches are having their final practices for their Christmas Eve programs.
Huge trees have been set up at the main intersections and they are constructed out of the most unusal things. Can you guess what this tree is made of?
No comments:
Post a Comment