Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happenings on the compound

We've been busy making some improvments around here. Here is some projects we've been working.
A swing in the mango tree for all the small visitor's that come. But the "BIG" kids enjoy it too.
This is Alberi - a really good friend. He works for the mission. He keeps our yard beautiful! Tuesday lunch - yummy - grilled chicken. This is Nazare. She comes on Tuesdays. She is so patient and kind as I practice my Portugues on her. She has taught me how to make many tasty Brazilian dishes.
Stephen and helpers made screens for our bedrooms windows. The nights are a little cooler due to all the rain. We enjoy having the windows open without swatting mosquitos.
Worked on fixing the front wall. And NO we did not make this hole. There was an accident a few years ago and it was fixed with plywood. After a day of rain, the plywood fell apart.
Have you ever put motor oil on your dog? We never did either, but our little dalmation -Pongo- has massive skin problems and this was recommended. It has helped a little.
While some of you are battling the holiday buldge, we've had the battle of the bees. Wasps actually. I'll let the pictures tell the story.
Look really close - the nest is on the 3rd floor
We enjoyed having Pr. Eraldo and family here for pizza and games. We played some ping pong and we taught them how to play Uno Attack. We enjoyed having the little kids running around here. It was refreshing to hear the giggles.
Susanna - 3yrs.
R-L Damaris, Pr. Eraldo, Sis. Gil, Abner, Israel, and Alex (missing is Kenny and Susanna - they are like the engerizer bunny)
These next few pics are not flattering at all but just wanted you to see why I am thankful for my washing machine. My machine was broke for about 3 wks and this is what I had to dp if I wanted clean clothes. So yes, I am thankful for my washing machine and am treating it with lots of respect. I don't want it to break down again. :)
Lots of happenings here! We are keeping plenty busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment