Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas 2011

Christmas day was spent in a leisurely fashion. Because of the late night, early morning celebrations Christmas eve, Sunday School was cancelled. The churches decided that they would just have Sunday evening services.

We enjoyed reading through the Christmas story together, enjoying a nice breakfast and opening gifts. It was a pleasure to receive gifts from the Marcy church and Schenectady church. They sent their gifts down with Mom and Dad Mills.

For Christmas dinner I made lasagna, garlic bread and salad. Something that we don't get very often. Our preference would have been ham but ham here is between 100 and 150 US $$. So we will just wait till we get home to get our fill of spiral ham.

Thank you for all your Christmas greetings that were sent our way. They made our Christmas day extra special. Thank you for being a part of it.

Time for the pictures...
Christmas morning. Duffel bag from Schenctady, brown bag from Marcy and pink from Mom and Dad Mills

patiently waiting


Stephen with the things that I was able to have brought down with mom and dad Mills. I actually surprised him this year. And that's very hard to do.

My gifts from Stephen. I love my keyboard. I am not the world's best pianist, but it's a way I relax. One of the best gift's I received was the children's story - You are mine by Max Lucado.   Stephen found Max Lucado's stories of the Wemmicks in Portuguese! I love these stories and used them alot and now I don't have to translate them. I can't wait to purchase the others.

A tart burner from my sister

Stephen and gifts from Marcy PHC

Me and gifts from Marcy PHC

2 dress shirts from Schenectady - He needed some. What a wonderful surprise!

An outfit for me - sorry I can't get this pic turned around

snoozin

Us with all our gifts from our church in Schenectady
THANK YOU!

A Close up

We received 96 slim jims in all. HAHA
Stephen said we would be a Slim Jim after we all of them.
 We had a wonderful day! Thank you for making our day very special. However you are spoiling us rotten. :) God bless you.  We were are so thankful that Jesus came and fulfilled the plan. If it wasn't for Him we would have a reason to be here in Brazil.

No comments:

Post a Comment