I am going to try and back track to some of the awesome things that have been happening around here.
It's hard to believe that we have spent our 2nd Christmas here in Brazil. Looking back to last Christmas, it's amazing to see God's hand working and shaping our lives. I distinctly remember telling Stephen last Christmas that there was NO WAY I could stay in Brazil until a next Christmas. There was no way that I could handle it emotionally, physically, or spiritually. Before judging me, remember please that we had only been living here for 2 months before we hit 2 major holidays. Thanksgiving and Christmas. Talk about being hit in the gut with homesickness and culture shock. Living in a home that didn't quite feel "like home". And that is exactly how we (I) felt last Christmas. My mind was not able to wrap around the fact that we were going to be here for another Christmas. But then God...
God began to help us learn the language, adjust to culture, fall in love with our people, opened up doors for ministries even with our limitations and the months began to pass and with each month it began to feel alittle more like home.
This Christmas was so different then last Christmas. Because I have made my home a little more mine, I was able to decorate and feel the coziness of Christmas. Once again we received Christmas cards from different churches and family, Thank you! We would like to say a big Thank You to the Marcy PHC for the lovely gifts that were sent down. Thank you to the Schenctady PHC for your gifts as well. They made us feel special. And with every gift and card that was opened we could feel you love and support.
It was still hard to call home on Christmas day and hear all the laughing and visiting and know that we weren't there to join in on the festivities, but we made the day special and I enjoyed creating new memories with my sweetheart. Yes, our hearts wanted to be "home" for Christmas but our hearts are happy serving Jesus here. No regrets!
So I will try to post some different activities that we have been a part of this month.
No comments:
Post a Comment